Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Two Words

The Return. Two years.

There have been many many changes in my own personal life, and certainly in the musical landscape of our collective life. I am picking up where I left off, however I'm going to go at this in a different way.

I'm going to highlight songs (or albums) that I've been listening to that day (or in recent days). I'll keep the articles much Much more brief (unless I'm just grabbed by the uncontrollable need to express some deep wisdom!)... for real. These articles are going to be short and sweet. I'm looking to share a little of my life's soundtrack/playlist so you, the reader, may choose to add these selections to your own soundtrack. Think of this as my "two cents" to take or leave as you see fit. Feel free to leave comments, if you like.

Today a song I was listening to captured my mood perfectly:

Two Worlds, by Yasiin Gaye. This is a song remixed (or re envisioned) by Amerigo Gazaway, a DJ from Tennessee, who put together one of the best Hip-Hop albums in recent years. Yasiin Gay (Mos Def) with Marvin Gaye (throw in a little Kanye West for good measure) and you can't miss! Perfect spirit! Thoughtful lyrics. Straight dope! On repeat...

Listen yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment